Our new ship has docked at Royal Ulster Yacht Club and is waiting for its new crew to climb aboard. With sun forecast for Saturday and our Grand National event on, why not call in! Special Grand National Menu. For more details see: Grand National Race Day at RUYC
Yachtmaster Coastal Skipper Theory
Theory part of Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster in preparation for the practical course.
Course topics include:
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
The course is taught over 44 hours with exams for those who want a certificate.
Tuesday evenings 19:00 to 21:00
Session 1: Tuesday 13 October to 15 December
Session 2: Tuesday 5 January to 15 March
Session 3: Two Dates after Easter TBA
To include all required materials.
Instructor: Dave Cromer.
For more details see: http://www.rya.org.uk/coursestraining/navigation/pages
Please sign up below or register with the club manager at RUYC